Thursday, March 24, 2011

32 weeks and counting!

Well, it's been months since I've updated the blog (not that I'm making tons of people really sad by this). I am now 32 weeks pregnant. 8 more to go (or possibly less, but doubtful if thsi pregnancy is like the others).

We've had a total of 3 ultrasounds this pregnancy. The 20 week and 31 week ultrasound both confirming another girl! We're very excited and Annika and Kiersten are EXTREMELY excited! I'm pretty sure we've finally landed on a name for her which is nice to know and nice to read the paper or watch movie credits, etc without trying to read every name to come up with ideas!

As far as the pregnancy goes, I know that people have it way worse, and I am so thankful to be pregnant at all with a healthy baby, but......I seem to not be able to escape ANYTHING this time! Here's my last 7 months:

-Strong cramping early on in the pregnancy from week 4-week 7 or 8
-Throwing up 5-6 times a day starting at week 7
-Knocking that down to 2-3 times with taking Zofran (the miracle drug) 2-3 times a day until week 22
-Still throwing up a few times a week since then....but SO much more tolerable now!
-Getting some sort of pnemonia in week 10 after having a cough for 6 weeks straight and being told by the doctor that I had to stay in bed and farm out my kids for 48 hours (um, sounds good to me)!
-Breaking my toe the night before Kiersten's birthday (the first day I finally felt "over" the bad morning sickness) and having to get it reset in the ER and wear a boot for 4 weeks
-Getting the flu at 27 weeks
-Getting multiple coughs throughout the pregnancy that I can never kick
-Having Restless Leg Syndrome the last few months
-Having hormonal insomnia for a couple of weeks
-And this morning, waking up with pink eye!

It really has been more humorous (though I've had my share of emotional meltdowns) than anything looking back on it.

I really just CAN"T WAIT for this baby to be born! Maybe it's all just making my anticipation that much stronger. I'm so excited to have 3 girls....hopefully I make it through their middle school and high school years!

So....8 more weeks and we'll officially be a family of 5!!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

wow, Beth. I can't believe what you've gone through. None of my pregnancies even compare! I can't wait for you either! Praying! :)