Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April Happenings




We had a great Easter, with the whole Foote side of the family coming to Ames. I love watching all of the cousins play together! They have so much fun seeing each other. Annika and Kiersten were excited for weeks before that everyone was coming. We're at 9 cousins and counting! I can't believe we'll have another to add to this mix very shortly.


I think this is probably a new favorite picture. They are so goofy together (when they aren't fighting)! I really can't wait to find out what our baby girl's personality will be like, and how it will mix with the other two.


As for this pregnancy, the time is really ticking down! Yesterday I was 37 weeks along. Now to make sure I'm ready. I need to start thinking of what to bring to the hospital. The crib and bassinet are up in the room now. My mom helped me make a few changes to the bedding to make it special for baby #3. My mother-in-law sewed two blankies for the baby (I've had two for each girl to have on rotation...too many incidents of leaving one in the church nursery, getting sick on one in the night, etc)! I have to work on three pictures for the wall and then we're good.


I've learned one thing with this pregnancy....nesting is NOT easy with a 4 and 2 year old! My doctor put it best yesterday when she said, "Nesting with two kids at home consists of making a nest on the couch and staying there." So true. I clean, I try to organize, but it all seems futile. My ideal of coming home to a perfect house from the hospital may just happen, but there's a good chance it won't. Oh, and if it does, it will take about 10 minutes to undo!

Lately, Annika has been asking very big questions about God. I LOVE that she is so curious and that she is asking these questions. The problem is, I can't quite answer her like I would a High School Young Life kid! The other day we were talking about Jesus dying on the cross and that he rose from the dead. She asked if he was just sleeping and pretending that he was dead. I told her no, that he actually died and came back alive. We talked about how he could do this miracle because he is God's son. Her response, "Well, who is Joseph?"....hmmmm. Try explaining to a 4 year old who thinks that a mommy and daddy have to be married to each other to have a baby that Joseph married Mary, but is not the baby daddy. The best line of the month though would have to be, "I really would like to ask Jesus into my heart, I just have some concerns." What 4 year old says that? I love it. It's been very fun.

No comments: