Friday, May 6, 2011

Anticipation!

The anticipation right now is killing me! I keep walking by our refridgerator door where we have a 3D ultrasound picture of this beautiful baby girl and I just want to hold her and look at her! I'm nearing the end, 38 weeks and 3 days, and getting so excited!

Last night I finally packed my bag, and packed up the baby things for the hospital. We bought a baby book on Monday (as a 4th child myself, I have to make sure to remember to do things for this child that I did for my first!) Today I worked on packing up suitcases for the girls. I think I may just take them over to my parents house now so that they are ready.

I also made Big sister/little sister shirts this week and can't wait for all three girls to wear them. I even made little fabric flowers that match for them to wear, Annika's on a headband, Kiersten's on a hairclip, and baby sister's on a little cotton hat. Phew! I had visions of me in labor trying to quickly sew between contractions to get them done! If I do say so myself, they all turned out adorable! I'll be sure to take lots of pictures of the girls wearing them.

The nursery is now ready. I still have to do some pictures for the walls but I bought the basics, I just need to plan a night for 2 hours at Alpha Copies to design and print them. Not sure when that will be but hoping for this weekend (and before baby comes). I also have to figure out the exact pattern for the curtains. Other than that, my MIL made two blankies for this baby that are adorable (two because I always want a backup). Then fabric that matches them on the bassinet skirt, the crib skirt, and a bassinet sheet (and the curtains and pictures once they are done). Somehow I missed out on the early nesting stages, and now I'm trying to get everything done with little time to spare, between being tired all of the time and not being able catch my breath if I do something really active, such as walk upstairs! Oh well......luckily I have an AMAZING husband who is a MUCH better nester than me this time around!

No comments: